Saturday, August 30, 2008

Sneaking Off In Guatemala in August of 2008

Jerry took a family to see the sights and ruins,
but Bev. had strict instructions to stay at the
all inclusive resort. We weren't sure if my
immune system was good enough to go
through the jungle just yet!
































But I got bored after a week at the resort by
my self waiting for them! So I signed up for a
tour to Chichen Itza and Coba and climbed all
285 steps.





















I couldn't swim in the cenotes, swimming
pools under ground, because the water is
too bad but I could watch!















Don't worry, I just stuck my feet in!















My friend and tour guide from Germany,
Siania.















Shanan blessed us with health and safety,
thankgoodness, cause I needed it.





These our my partners in crime! They
helped me sneak out for a day. They
were a real big help. They help me
when I was tired and scared!



I even did a zip line! I want to do it again,
but next time with my eyes open!
You can't tell, but I was really high!
Course I couldn't see the bottom!












Since our tour guide was from Germany we had
five Germans
in our group that spoke only German. We became close friends. This kid was my kayaking partner. He rowed while I splashed the others. We were a great team!






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a blast!! We need to come next time!!:)) I don't know many hot grandmas that would be brave enough to do a zip line!!! How fun!!!

Josh and Brittany Redd said...

Wow!! Bev we wish we could have been with you. That looks like you had a blast!!